[uylug-varios] [Fwd: Nmap 6 Released!]

Helius Ferreira helius at adinet.com.uy
Mon May 21 16:17:25 PDT 2012

FYI
--------- Mensaje reenviado --------
De: Fyodor <fyodor at insecure.org>
Para: nmap-hackers at insecure.org
Asunto: Nmap 6 Released!
Fecha: Mon, 21 May 2012 12:27:13 -0700

Hi folks!  After almost three years of work, 3,924 code commits, and
more than a dozen point releases since Nmap 5, I'm delighted to
announce the release of Nmap 6!  It includes a more powerful Nmap
Scripting Engine, 289 new scripts, better web scanning, full IPv6
support, the Nping packet prober, faster scans, and much more!

For the top 6 improvements in Nmap 6, see the release notes:

http://nmap.org/6

Or you can go straight to the download page to grab the source code or
the Linux, Mac, and Windows installers:

http://nmap.org/download.html

Enjoy the release!  And if you find any bugs, let us know on nmap-dev
as described at:

http://nmap.org/book/man-bugs.html

As an open source project, we don't have a marketing budget.  So
please help spread the word about the new release!  I encounter many
folks at security conferences who haven't heard about all the modern
Nmap capabilities and only use it as a simple port scanner.  Anyone
who doesn't use NSE, or at least version detection, is missing out!

Cheers,
Fyodor

PS: This mailing list isn't going anywhere, but you can also follow us
on Twitter and Facebook:

http://twitter.com/nmap
http://facebook.com/nmap