[uylug-varios] problema instalando y/o ejecutando Google Earth

zetam.imap zetam at insiberia.net
Tue Jun 12 13:52:52 PDT 2018

On 06/12/2018 05:44 PM, Juan Carlos Siri Chapuis wrote:
> Buenas, estoy tratando de instakr Google earth en Debian. Desde Chrome
> lo descargo, y cuando lo quiero instalar desde consola con apt-get o
> dpkg me dice  que el archivo GoogleEarthLinux.bin me dice que
> encuentra error. Con Gdebi me dice que no es archivo Debian. Se
> agradecen consejos

Hola,
En la sec. `contrib` de la versión `stable` tenés `googleearth-package`.
instlás el paquete y te soluciona la vida.
Suerte!

apt show googleearth-package
Package: googleearth-package
Version: 1.2.2
Section: contrib/misc
Maintainer: Adnan Hodzic <adnan at hodzic.org>
Installed-Size: 61.4 kB
Depends: wget, dpkg-dev, fakeroot, bzip2, file, x11-common, x11-utils
Recommends: libldap-2.4-2:i386, libdb5.3:i386, libgnutls26:i386,
libsasl2-2:i386, libsasl2-modules:i386, libsasl2-modules-db:i386
Homepage: http://earth.google.com
Tag: devel::packaging, field::geography, implemented-in::shell,
 interface::commandline, role::program, scope::utility, use::downloading
Download-Size: 12.6 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: http://repo.cure.edu.uy/debian stretch/contrib amd64 Packages
 Google Earth is a 3D planet viewer that lets you interactively navigate
 satellite imagery, maps, terrain, and so forth.
 .
 Google Earth is available for GNU/Linux from their web site, but is
 non-free software and is undistributable. It also does not integrate
 well into a Debian system.
 .
 This utility makes it possible to build your own personal Debian
 package of Google Earth. The packaging itself is Free Software, but
 the Google Earth program is governed by the copyright holder (Google),
 so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting
 package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This package will simply help
 you create the package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting
 package responsibly.